Sunday, December 02, 2007

Nov 18

"God answers knee-mail."

We do not always know the reasons for what God does and doesn't do, but in the end we'll see that He was always right. --Janette Oke

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

God is not asking you to make a promise that you cannot keep--He is asking you to receive a promise that only He can keep. --James Ryle

“The best chance of our own powerful nation meeting the great responsibilities of which history has given us too brief a preparation, lies in abjuring every temptation to regard our power and our favored position among the nations as proof of our superior virtue; and in listening patiently to the mounting criticism of our life (even though envy may partly prompt it) in the hope that it may make us wiser in the exercise of our power and more prudent in the discharge of our responsibility.” --Reinhold Niebuhr, The Nature and Destiny of Man

We do not always know the reasons for what God does and doesn't do, but in the end we'll see that He was always right. --Janette Oke

Wouldn't you rather live your life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live your life as if there isn't, and die then find out there is?

How well I have learned that there is no fence to sit on between heaven and hell. There is a deep, wide gulf, a chasm, and in that chasm is no place for any man.” – Johnny Cash

It was a hectic day of running errands with my wife and son. As if the stress weren't enough, four-year-old Christopher insisted on asking questions about everything, told me how to drive better, and sang every song he knew.
Finally, fed up with the incessant chatter, I made him an offer: "Christopher, if you'll be quiet for just a few minutes, I'll give you a quarter." It worked.
But when we stopped for lunch, I unknowingly began to harp on him. "Christopher, sit up straight ... don't spill your drink ...
don't talk with your mouth full."
Finally he said seriously, "Dad, if you'll be quiet for just a few minutes, I'll give you a quarter."

Personally, I think one of the greatest things about marriage is that as both husband and father, I can say anything I want to around the house. Of course, no one pays the least bit of attention.

What would you get if you put your iPod in the refrigerator? Very cool music.

Why don't bananas ever get lonely? Because they go around in bunches.

Why do people work as bakers? Because they knead the dough.

What did the little boy say to the lollipop? I can lick you any day

What happened when the cat swallowed a coin? There was some money in the kitty!

What did the bridegroom do when his wife baked him a marble cake. He took it for granite.

"God loves to decorate. God HAS to decorate. Let Him live long enough in a heart, and that heart will begin to change. Portraits of hurt will be replaced by landscapes of grace. Walls of anger will be demolished and shaky foundations restored. God can no more leave a life unchanged than a mother can leave her child's tear untouched. It's not enough for Him to own you; He wants to change you." - Max Lucado

- Sounds travels slowly… Sometimes the things you say when your kids are teenagers don’t reach them till they're in their 40's.

- Summer vacation is a time when parents realize that teachers are grossly underpaid.

My girlfriend called me as she was driving to an appointment. She arrived, and I could tell from her voice that she was getting frustrated. Finally she said, "I know I had my cell phone with me. And now I can't find it!" I replied, "Aren't you talking on it!?"
There was a solid period of stunned silence as the reality of the situation sank in - followed by, "You are NOT going to tell anybody about this!"

The big five needs people expressed in a recent survey:
1. Challenge me to grow and take next steps
2. Help me understand the Bible in greater depth
3. Help me develop a personal relationship with Jesus
4. Help me apply the Bible to my life
5. Provide compelling worship services

Let me tell you about my doctor. He is very good. If you tell him you want a second opinion, he will go out and come in again.
While he was talking to me one day his nurse came in and said, “Doctor, there is a man here who thinks he is invisible.” The doctor said, “Tell him I can’t see him.”
Another time a man came running in the office and yelled, Doctor, doctor my son just swallowed a roll of film.” The doctor calmly replied, “Let’s just wait and see what develops.”
One patient came in and said, “Doctor, I have a serious memory problem.” The doctor asked, “When did it start?” The man replied, “When did what start?”
I remember one time I told my doctor I had a ringing in my ears. His advice “Don’t answer it.”
My doctor sure has his share of nut cases. One said to him, “Doctor, I think I’m a bell.” The doctor gave him some pills and said, “Here, take these. If they don’t work, give me a ring.”
Another guy told the doctor that he thought he was a deck of cards. The doctor simply said, “Go sit over there. I’ll deal with you later.”
When I told my doctor I broke my leg in two places, he told me to stop going to those places.

"Living a Christless life is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic." - Marc Wolfe

A grandmother overheard 5-year-old Christy "playing wedding." The wedding vows went like this: "You have the right to remain silent, anything you say may be held against you, you have the right to have an attorney present. You may kiss the bride."
It's good to be saved and know it! It's also good to be saved and show it!

Nogales and Oasis offer a distant outreach but what puts adventure into the Christian’s life is serving up close and personal.

• Christian Web Sites Flourish
GodTube.com, a site that closely resembles YouTube, was identified earlier this year by comScore as the fastest growing site on the Web, with over 150,000 registered users with active profiles. GodTube, says onenewsnow.com, is one of the many religion-based Web sites that closely copy popular secular models. MyChurch.org is similar to the social networking site MySpace, and Conservapeda.com is the religious right's response to the online encyclopedia Wikipedia.

There are three kinds of people: Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen, and those who don't know that anything is happening!

"Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer." -- Ted Williams

"Our little time of suffering is not worthy of our first night's welcome home to Heaven." -- Samuel Rutherford

"Reflect on your present blessings, of which every man has many; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some." -- Charles Dickens

"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." -- John Shedd

"Egotist: Someone who is usually me-deep in conversation." -- Unknown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home